About Me

My photo
Photographer based in South Wales, UK. Working mainly on a single beach - Poppit Sands.

Monday 15 March 2010

Pushing on

The need for change is quite a strong pull for me when it comes to photography. I also have to know that what I am working at, or towards, is something different and something that hits me in the guts when I see it. I think that you would call this being true to yourself - and trusting on your own feelings about things.

It is odd because my new work excites me in different ways to my older work - but I feel that both are mine and worth standing by. The Poppit work is quite easily understood and I feel that it puts its message across without too much trouble - but my newer work is much more of a challenge. I know why I like it and what I want people to see in it - but to get it to a point where it can be understood and where it can create excitement too will be a struggle and adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Mike, these images are great and show how you are thinking very clearly(even if they are not clear themselves!) We are watching you with great interest.

    Dimitrie

    ReplyDelete