About Me

My photo
Photographer based in South Wales, UK. Working mainly on a single beach - Poppit Sands.

Friday 21 August 2009

More Poppit Work

I have been working on some 35mm Poppit work for the past few weeks and yesterday I visited Poppit with just the 35mm and no Hasselblad - for the first time. It was a strange experience. After going to Poppit for nearly two and a half years with a big camera bag, tripod, flashguns and all sorts of other bits and pieces the feeling of striding out onto the beach with just a single 35mm camera kind of made me feel, well, a bit naked.

The shooting was odd too - I had taken a whole roll within 5 minutes and I felt quite drained. A totally different experience from the intense observing and documenting that happens with the medium format.

I am developing the film today - we'll see what happens.

I have also been planning the trip to Copenhagen for an exhibition opening. I'll be missing Hong Kong and New York - but I'll be there for the London opening for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment