About Me

My photo
Photographer based in South Wales, UK. Working mainly on a single beach - Poppit Sands.

Friday 3 September 2010

Astronomy Tower, Swansea

I very rarely include two of the same subject in any series of work - but this Astronomy Tower in Swansea really has me in its grip. There is something about it that is so unusual and special. Maybe it is the light - or the fact that it is on the sea shore - or maybe it is the curves and the whole feeling of the place. I was thinking about this - trying to figure out why this building excited me so much and I suddenly realised that it resembles a rocket launch pad (to me anyway). My Poppit Sands work was very strongly influenced by my childhood excitement of space and the Apollo missions - maybe the Astronomy Tower is another link into that same part of my childhood without me realising it.

No comments:

Post a Comment