About Me

My photo
Photographer based in South Wales, UK. Working mainly on a single beach - Poppit Sands.

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Are days off work a good thing?

We are completely snowed in here in Wales. The darkroom is very cold and my office heating is on the blink, so I am taking a few days off.

And there is the problem - switching off the creative thoughts that mill around in the head all day is a tricky thing - especially if you get a sudden idea that just has to be worked on - a thought that itches at you  - an itch that you just can't reach until you have been out with the camera. I usually find days off more stressful than work days - and usually when I get back to the studio I am so bogged down with admin work that I have to put those ideas to one side - making matters even worse.

So I am having a few days off - but I now have a laptop near me at all times - and a small digital camera - so if I get an idea I can sit down in the living room in front of the fire and work as the kids play with their presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment